Today is my husband’s 26th birthday! So here are 26 things I love about Steven Burk Johnson –
- Steven is SO passionate about everything!
- Steven is a hard worker in everything that he puts his mind to.
- I love that Steven loves sports (especially basketball)
- I love that Steven lets me be ME and doesn’t judge me when I talk in my baby voice.
- I love that Steven is kind to everyone!!
- I love that Steven is not a picky eater
- I love that Steven is close to his family (One of the reasons why I wanted to marry him)
- I love that Steven works so hard in his church callings
- I love that Steven likes to set goals
- I love that Steven likes to cook with me and cook for me 😉
- I love that Steven is the cutest uncle with his nieces & nephews
- I love that Steven goes to bed as the same time as me (10PM because i’m an old lady)
- I love that even though we are sometimes soooo tired to read scriptures, he reminds us that we need to at least a couple verses before we go to bed.
- I love that Steven doesn’t get mad when I knee him in the butt when we are sleeping hahahah
- I love that Steven treats my best friends as if she was his little sister he’s trying to protect
- I love that Steven pushes me everyday to keep going with my small cake business
- I love that Steven is creative and has an entrepreneurial mindset
- I love that Steven prays with me every day and night
- I love that Steven makes me laugh until my stomach hurts
- I love that Steven can “pivot” when things unexpectedly happen to us
- I love that Steven is so cuddly 🙂
- I love that Steven watches Grey’s Anatomy & How to Get Away With Murder with me
- I love that Steven dances with me in our little tiny kitchen
- I love it every time Steven sings in the shower
- I love that Steven is so loving and will jump at every opportunity to help someone in need
- I love that Steven will be my eternal companion forever and ever ❤
So we just got back from a little trip to Moab! A long time ago, Steven told me that he’s never been! I couldn’t believe it because he LOVES hiking. So I booked us a hotel and we were on our way to Moab.
We got to our hotel (Comfort Suites) and it was SO nice. We were so tired of driving and it was so great to get to a hotel that is so clean and we had a king bed. (FYI we sleep on a queen bed right now and a king makes ALL the difference) The last time we were in a hotel was at our honeymoon and it felt like a 2nd mini honeymoon! We ordered Paradox Pizza and they delivered it to our room and we literally ate pizza in our bed.
Today we went to Arches National Park and ended up buying an annual pass for all the national parks in the United States so that’s pretty cool. We hiked Delicate arch and Landscape arch… so fun!! The hikes were pretty easy (which i love) and it was so fun to see Steven’s face when we got to the arches. Also, the drive is soooo pretty at the park.
I’m grateful that Steven was born 26 years ago! I’m excited to see what this year brings for the both of us and to see where we are. We’ve been talking about our future a lot and we honestly have no clue where we’ll be in 3 months – it’s all a blur to us. So stay tuned on what we are doing in the next couple of months!! Happy Birthday Steven, I love you!!
Lizzie Lin Johnson